First things first:
Check your plug-ins: an easy fix
Sometimes certain plug-ins strip out part of our widget code. When this happens, you'll see the widget appear on the preview, but disappear when the post is published.
The solution is to:
- Add a simple bit of code to your blog's code or
- remove the plug-in
1. Remove the Plug-in
To remove the plug-in, you will need to investigate which one affected your code by removing the plug-in and testing out your widgets. Because Collective Voice doesn't have access to your blog, you'll need to test each plugin by process of trial and error.
If this is not of interest, please try adding the code listed below to your site.
2. Add Code to your Site
To implement the code into your site's body (the main code of your blog to avoid inserting it on every blog post):
- Add the following code to your site's body, right before the closing </body> tag.
<script async src="//widgets.collectivevoice.com/collectivevoice-widget-snippet.js"></script>
- To add code to the body of your blog in WordPress, go to "Appearance", then "Editor", then theme header, which may be "header.php". Check your theme files (probably header.php), you will find starting
<body>tag. Just paste the code below it.
- Note that this may vary based on your theme and platform. If you're not sure, be sure to reach out to your platform for assistance.
For Trouble on SquareSpace
- Log in to SquareSpace > go to Design > Style Editor > Site Loading and uncheck (disable) Enable Ajax Loading.
- Having it checked (enabled) will do something with custom codes. Disabling it helps the custom codes appear on your blog when published.